A companion to the TRON 2.0 Unofficial FAQ that provides up-to-date
news about the TRON 2.0 gaming community and TRON in general.



If you're having trouble with the TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod
Read this Troubleshooting Guide




New TRON-Inspired Cell Phone Commercial

By TronFAQ on Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 1:18 PM
I'd recently heard whispers about a new commercial for the Kyocera Neo cell phone, that was supposed to feature vehicles inspired by the Light Cycles in TRON.

After a while of searching, I came across an online source for the commercial and decided to share, because it's just too cool to miss. :)

Click here to watch the commercial (QuickTime required)

Apparently, the commercial aired during this year's Superbowl and caused a lot of people to initially think it was another teaser for the TRON sequel. A deliberate ploy on the part of Kyocera's ad agency? To cash in on the buzz surrounding the sequel? I certainly think so.
 
<< Home

6 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous February 19, 2009 10:30 PM
    If I ever bought a cell myself, I want this one!

    End of line.
  2. Awesomeallday February 26, 2009 5:02 PM
    Check out my TR2N post. It's got lance armstrong on a light cycle and yours truly chucking data discs!
  3. Awesomeallday February 26, 2009 5:10 PM
  4. Anonymous March 17, 2009 11:37 PM
    It's 3/17/09. I just saw the commercial again. But, the "Light Cycles" have been replaced with whirling spheres. I'm thinking the Disney lawyers decided to earn their pay.

    I didn't find either version of the commercial to be that interesting.
  5. TronFAQ March 18, 2009 6:37 PM
    Don't Disney's lawyers have anything better to do? I see now that the commercial has disappeared from the internet, nowhere to be found.

    Let me guess, Disney decided the commercial misrepresented their property and "damaged" its value by "profiting" from it and "misleading" the public into thinking it was an actual commercial for the Tron sequel?

    Somebody needs to lighten up. It was a nifty, cool little homage to Tron. It was a brazen homage, I admit. But so what. I bet if there wasn't a sequel on the horizon, they wouldn't have cared, right? Just like they never cared before.
  6. Anonymous March 31, 2011 3:04 AM
    Robet Swift here . Hey guys that add is still on You Tube. Put in Lightcycle , or Lightcycle Kyocera Neo .
    That bike is very badass . I'm 36 and I draw alot and next to some of my own bikes it is the only other bike I could see fitting in to the movie. Look for some of my art work on the web soon. You will see what I mean. Also look for my new airplane . Its a 50 foot + Paper Airplane. I live in Washington state . I hope to get it on. The news here. If it work I hope to make a 400 foot one too. I will need people to help me throw it, about 40.
    Iron rocks. Look for me on You Tube soon.

Post a Comment